A trend that is noticed of recent are sulfate-free shampoos, and with good reason. While most consumers are oblivious to sulfates in shampoos, there are very important things to note on why you may want to stay away from sulfates.
1) Sulfates wash away the natural anti-microbial peptides, proteins and water-proofing oils our biomes create.
2) Sulfates lift the cuticle of the hair
3) Sulfates make your hair take longer to dry
4) Sulfates leave an anionic charge
5) Sulfates cause scalp irritation
6) Sulfates cause follicle stress.
We hope that with the information below we will help disambiguate this question and let you know more about these ingredients, who should actually avoid them and why.