8 Incredible Tips for Hair Loss Prevention in Women
translation missing: en.blogs.article.author_on_date_html
8 Incredible Tips for Hair Loss Prevention for Women
Author Maxim Tourou / Category Architecture / Published: Apr-05-2018
One of the most upsetting cosmetic challenges for women is the loss of hair. Our hair is our crowning glory and we want to keep the shine, strength, and luster of our hair as we age. While it is socially acceptable for men to have a balding scalp, the same is not true for women. On average, we lose about 50 to 100 strands of hair per day. So some loss is normal. But if you’re noticing an increase of hair strands in your brush or on your pillow, you might be experiencing an abnormal loss of hair. Luckily, this is usually a cosmetic problem and not due to an underlying medical issue. And there is help!
About 40% of women will experience some form of hair loss, especially after menopause. Fortunately, women rarely become fully bald as men do. But thinning hair can be distressing. You might also notice a lack of shine or weak hair that seems to break easily. So what can you do? Follow these tips below. Not only will they help you to prevent hair loss, but they may even help you to regrow some of the hair you have already lost.
1. Watch Your Diet
Yes! Food plays a huge part in our overall health, including the health of our hair. Make sure your diet is full of vitamins and minerals like the ones below. You may want to try Revita Anti Hair Loss Tablets to supplement your diet. These are designed to stimulate hair growth, prevent hair loss, and promote hair growth. You will want to take them for at least three to six months for best results.
- Vitamin A - Vitamin A is essential for the growth of all cells, including those of your hair. In addition, it helps the glands of your skin make sebum. Sebum is an oily substance that will moisturize the scalp which leads to healthier hair. A lack of vitamin A has also been shown to cause hair loss. But don’t have too much as you can also lose hair from an excessive amount of vitamin A in your diet.
- B Vitamins - Biotin is a B vitamin and has been proven to help hair growth. B12 is found only in animal products so if you’re a vegan or vegetarian, you may want to take a supplement. Other B vitamins help formulate red blood cells. This is important because red blood cells carry oxygen and nutrients to your scalp and hair follicles.
- Vitamin C - Vitamin C is an antioxidant that will prevent the growth of free radicals. Free radical damage can inhibit hair growth and cause hair to age. It also helps the body produce collagen which is important for healthy hair. In addition, it will help the body absorb iron. Iron is a mineral and is necessary for hair growth.
- Vitamin D - Research has shown that vitamin D may help create new hair follicles. Also, a vitamin D deficiency is linked to alopecia, the medical term for hair loss.
- Vitamin E - This is similar to vitamin C in that it is an antioxidant which will help hair heal from oxidative free radical damage.
- Zinc - A lack of this mineral is a common cause of hair loss. Zinc is highly important for healthy hair and hair growth.
- Iron - Iron helps red blood cells carry oxygen to all parts of our body, including our hair. An iron deficiency, anemia, is also a cause of hair loss.
- Protein - Since your hair is made mostly of protein, you need it for a healthy head of hair.
2. Think About Your Hairstyle.
Do you commonly wear hairstyles that pull on your hair? Pony tails, braids, and cornrows can all pull and cause loss at the hairline. These are delicate strands of hair and a constant tight pull will contribute to hair loss. Try for looser pony tails and use elastic bands without the metal clasp that can catch on your hair and pull it out when you remove it.
3. Give Yourself a Great Scalp Massage.
When washing your hair, take the time to pamper yourself with a little scalp massage. Use firm pressure and use your fingertips to create a circular motion all over your head. This has been shown to increase blood flow to the scalp. And not only that, it feels really good too.
4. Try Hair Products That Have Been Proven to Help Hair Growth and Prevent Hair Loss.
There are some wonderful products out there that have been well researched and formulated specifically for hair loss prevention and to restore hair growth. Some you may want to try are:
- Revita High Performance Hair Stimulating Shampoo - This product works by stimulating the hair follicles. It first removes impurities from the scalp which allow it to deliver key ingredients proven to prevent hair loss. Revita uses a Nanosome technology that encapsulates these key ingredients and delivers them in a time released manner.
- Revita High Performance Hair Stimulating Conditioner - This conditioner is designed to work with the above shampoo and also uses a nanosome technology for the time released delivery of its key ingredients. It keeps working long after you rinse and delivers a wonderful tangle free shine.
- Spectral CSF - This product is designed solely for women. Spectral.CFS omits the ingredients that only work for men and addresses the complex biology of female hair loss and thinning. Spectral.CSF is developed and tested by leading dermatologists and proven to provide strong hair regrowth results.
- Revita Tablets for Hair Growth - Once a day hair growth stimulating dietary supplement, Revita tablets are designed to stimulate hair growth and help prevent hair loss with its core key ingredients.
5. Consider Using a Topical Treatment.
Products that are specifically formulated for hair growth really do work wonders for hair loss problems. Try these below for results that will restore your hair to the luxurious fullness you remember.
- Spectral DNC-N - Spectral.DNC-N is a breakthrough hair support system that contains Nanoxidal, a powerful alternative to commercial-grade minoxidil. It delivers a wide range of ingredients that all work together to provide you with a thicker head of hair. This product will work with hair that is clearly thinning. The Nanosome-encapsulation system will transport its compounds deep into the skin and is released in a time controlled manner which gives it a longer performance capability.
- Spectral.RS - Spectral.RS has a complex of ingredients that combines Aminexil with Adenosine, Retinol, and Copper Peptides to strengthen hair and nourish the scalp. Benefits includes stimulating the growth of new hair, nourishes and strengthens hair, and can be used to avoid thinning to perserve more hair longer.
- Spectral F7 - Spectral F7 is a hair loss booster which works perfectly in conjunction with our other spectral products to boost and stimulate hair growth. Drug-free, non-irritating, non-greasy and easy application are just some of its key features for a great solution to prevent and combat hair loss.
6. Reduce Your use of Heated Hair Styling Stools.
Crimpers, straighteners, curling irons; all heated styling tools are bad for your hair. High heat will cause the bonds within the hair strands to fracture. This will lead to hair strands that break and fall out. You don’t have to give your styling tools away, just use them sparingly and make sure you’re not holding them in one place for too long, no more than ten seconds. Also, try and let your freshly washed hair dry naturally some times instead of using your high heat hair dryer. You can also try heat protecting sprays that will help protect your hair when you do use these hair styling implements.
7. Use Chemical Treatments Sparingly.
Chemical treatments can be just as damaging as heat for your hair. They can damage the hair shaft which will lead to weak hair and hair that falls out. If you regularly use chemicals to straighten, bleach, or lighten your hair, be wary. But, not to worry. These treatments for us women are many times inevitable, so, DS Laboratories has a perfect in-home solution in Nix Fix. With this latest technology, Nix Fix drastically repairs and restructures hair in one simple application. Learn more about Nix Fix here.
8. Try Essential Oils.
Certain essential oils have natural compounds that will prevent hair loss and promote hair growth as well as improve the overall look and feel of your hair. Long used in alternative medicine, these natural chemicals can be extremely beneficial.
- Lavender oil - Can speed up hair growth and has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties to improve scalp health.
- Peppermint oil - Its cold, tingly feel means that it is increasing circulation to the area.
- Rosemary oil - This improves cellular regeneration and might even be as powerful as minoxidil.
- Cedarwood oil - Balances oil producing glands in the scalp. Also has antifungal and antibacterial properties that will help control dandruff and damage that could result in hair loss.
- Thyme oil - Thyme essential oil increases scalp stimulation, actively preventing hair loss.6.